Saturday, April 27, 2013

The hallway needs love too

The hallway needs love too! That was my thought when I was out thrifting today. I came across this beautiful fireside chair (actually there was two of them but one wasn't so beautiful anymore).



I knew I had to have it and the price was screaming take me but where would I put it? I knew if I put it in the basement it would get that musty smell and I'd be likely to just throw it out after we found a bigger place. So just my luck when I remembered the hallway. When you live on the third floor it can feel like an eternity at times walking the stairs, bring up groceries, after a long day of work. It would be nice to come around the corner and see something that makes me smile. I can't afford to put fresh flowers out daily but I knew I needed something to cheer up the drab walls and dark green carpeting. I had a cute table out there but then I decided to paint that and now it's in my living room. Recently I put one of my thrifts there with a pitcher (looks like a terracotta pitcher) with faux olive branches. Initially bought for our vineyard wedding (at 75% off) but quickly I discovered that just because it was cheap didn't mean I loved it or even liked it and felt guilty throwing it out after I asked numerous people if they would want it.  The golden color in the pitcher picked up my new chair which was upholstered in a mustard colored velvet. I now smile knowing that I made the hallway a little prettier and cherry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest