Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Paint + New Fabric = Was it worth it??


Again, as I stated in my previous post I’m obsessed. Obsessed, obsessed, obsessed with Annie Sloan Chalk Paints. Just Obsessed. I find myself rushing home from work at night just to start painting. I can’t wait to work on my next project when I’m not even done with my first. I thrift a lot more just to find things I can paint. It’s now become my life and as I already said my obsession. But the piece I just completed made me think I took on more than I could chew and it turned out to be a bigger expense than anticipated. What’s that saying “caviar taste on a tuna fish budget” that is definitely me! Remember how I said I went to Mood in NYC a few weeks back and bought some fabric.


 Before picture


New white foam next to old stained yellow foam

Well that fabric was at $20/yard so you add that and the paint ($12) plus the wax (probably used $4 worth) plus the new foam ($10) that I didn't anticipate needing (but you can see why I did) plus the piece itself ($25) and my time (priceless) and this project cost me a mini fortune. I guess around $80!! OUCH! I could have bought a new piece at half that at home goods. But I guess it’s what they also say “what’s the fun in that?”…so you tell me…was it worth it??


After picture


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest