What a busy weekend we had. Friday night we went to my
sisters to help her prep the nursery and for Tom to have a time out. He’s been
working so hard at the rental property that it was the first night he took a
break and relaxed a bit. So much so that he fell asleep in their new living room
chair. Guess they picked comfy furniture. Saturday I co-hosted my sister’s baby shower with her
mother-in-law, Terri. This time I opted to do it at a restaurant. Good thing
with everything going on lately I wouldn’t have had any time to cook, clean and
host a party at a house. Whew, I was thrilled we went to restaurant. No cleanup
work for me.
Sunday, we finished putting all the cabinets, appliances and counter-top in the new kitchen at the rental property. Now all we have left are the minor details and to paint the place. Almost done there. New tenants move in on the 22nd! Yay!!
Back to the shower. We hosted the event at Carl Anthony’s Trattoria. A place I think our mom might have picked. It was a brunch menu and everyone seemed to enjoy it. With the invitations we asked the guests to bring a book for the baby to build up her library. It was a huge success. Ali has such a big collection that Jae now needs to order a book shelf for them.
Jae, my sister, is to my left. I'm in the middle and my best friend Jill is on my right.
The two prego's and me.
Sunday, we finished putting all the cabinets, appliances and counter-top in the new kitchen at the rental property. Now all we have left are the minor details and to paint the place. Almost done there. New tenants move in on the 22nd! Yay!!
Back to the shower. We hosted the event at Carl Anthony’s Trattoria. A place I think our mom might have picked. It was a brunch menu and everyone seemed to enjoy it. With the invitations we asked the guests to bring a book for the baby to build up her library. It was a huge success. Ali has such a big collection that Jae now needs to order a book shelf for them.
We had 32 guests attend and baby Ali made out like a bandit
as you can see from the gift table. Hailey, Jae’s flower girl, our second
cousin assisted in opening the gifts. It probably felt like Christmas morning
for her. She was so excited to see what was in the pretty packages.
For the favors Terri and I made lollipops to match the
invitations. We put pink gerber daisies on all the tables as the centerpieces.
For dessert we served strawberry cupcakes made with fresh strawberries from
Cherries Cupcakes in Newtown, CT. The ladies at Cherrie's Cupcakes went out of their way to open the shop up early for us to pick up the cupcakes. They even packaged them up with little baby socks and flowers to match the theme. The guests all raved about how good they
were. I was so full from the food that I took mine home and had it the next day
for dinner. I know, not the best dinner choice but a yummy one at that.
After the shower I took my sister home, we unpacked all the baby’s gifts and started to get everything organized. She got A LOT of stuff. All I know is my niece, Ali, is going to be one spoiled little girl! She is a princess already!!
After the shower I took my sister home, we unpacked all the baby’s gifts and started to get everything organized. She got A LOT of stuff. All I know is my niece, Ali, is going to be one spoiled little girl! She is a princess already!!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)