Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Missing links

Even though the kitchen was done there were still those few finishing touches that Tom and I felt we needed. For me, I wanted a light over the kitchen sink and some trim to block the light and the bottom of the cabinet.For Tom, he wanted privacy, to block out the neighbors. He got his mini blinds and I got my light. A satisfying weekend for us both!!! We completed the missing links.


(I was very impressed by Tom's work here! Way to go honey!!)

P.S. I got the blinds from a store near my office called Blinds To Go. Check out the website for it http://www.blindstogo.com/en/.  Since our window is one window with 2 panels and crank openings on both sides we needed something custom made. They were able to take our measurements and create exactly what we needed. They also were able to put the pulls on whatever side you wanted. This created a more uniform look (one on the left; one on the right). And price you might ask…..equivalent to the Home Depot special that wouldn't be a custom fit! Not to mention, they gave me a $20 off coupon for my next visit. I’m now contemplating getting some wooden blinds for our bedroom. My husband likes to keep the curtain closed at all times to block out the neighbors. I think Tom will change his mind if I put the wooden blinds up behind the curtain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest