Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chalk Paint

You may have recently read about my obsession with Chalk Paints and Annie Sloan products. I don't think I realized how much of an obsession I actually have with it until this weekend. I spent my entire weekend thrifting and anyone who would talk with me about my finds heard about my obsession with Annie Sloan products. How much I loved using the paint, how easy it was to use, how I would be taking an AS class next month and how expensive they were compared to the Home Depot special. I pretty much just repeated myself all weekend with those thoughts. 



And I also used my paints all weekend. So it was my surprise after buying my Annie Sloan paint brush  on Friday that I would go to a flea market today and find a wax brush there for $5!!!! Score!!! Felt like I got a two for one special which just made me want to thrift more and paint more. If you haven't tried chalk paint before I challenge you to using it. I painted a table without it and it took me about a week to finish (since I had to work on it at night after I came home from work). I needed to sand and prime (wait for it to dry), do two coats of paint (wait for it to dry) and put a clear coat finish (wait for it to dry) on it. With the chalk paint I cleaned a table, put a coat of paint on it, and two hours later did second coat, waxed it, sanded it (just to give it a shabby chic feel), waxed the spots I sanded and done. Within less than a day I finished a table.





Before and after pictures of my chalk paint masterpiece

So give chalk paint a try. I guarantee you will love it! Just be careful, it is addicting!!! (And expensive.)

As promised a picture of the mantle I picked up on Friday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest