Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mood

Ever since I started sewing class I've heard so much about this fabric store Mood in NYC but have never been. Just so happened that we had plans this past weekend to go to NYC for dinner and a show. Most people would have looked foward to that as the exciting part of their weekend; but for me it was all about Mood! 


Tom and I in front of Bryant Park on Saturday morning. 

Being familiar with the fashion destrict in NYC I knew exactly where it was located. For eight years, I had entered that building every other month as a buyer. Yes, I was a buyer/merchandiser who ran a clothing store on Greenwich Ave in Greenwich, CT and I gave it all up to have a regular scheduled job with my weekends off. Most people would think I was nuts to walk away.  Especially with the client list of celebrities I worked with. But for me, it was probably the best decision I ever made. I struggled in the beginning with it and left at a time when the job market was the worst (not that it is any better now) but the decision truly was the best one I could make for myself. I now had my weekends free and am able to spend time with my friends and family when I sacrificed that for many years. 


I think I look like a deer in headlights in this picture. Guess I wore my emotions on my face :)

Let's get back to Mood. My sister and I went there before the show. I was like a little kid at Christmas. Couldn't wait to break through the elevator door. But once I got in I felt disappointed. Maybe I'm spoiled where I live but I'm surrounded by fabric stores and I wasn't overly impressed. Yes, there were some fabrics and materials that you wouldn't find here but for the most part the upholstery fabrics were no different then what we have here. In fact, a lot of the fabrics I had seen before. But taking the trip there I couldn't help but spend and got very excited about the fabric I purchased. I plan to redo my stool from the estate sale I picked up a few weeks ago. Its pictured in my "Thrifting" post a few weeks back. I initially wasn't going to paint the legs but now I'm rethinking my entire idea and want to get some chalk paint and redo the whole stool. 



Here's what I have in mind for it. Something similar to this. 

Stay tuned for final project photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest