Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wedding keepsake box

We are getting together tonight with some friends of ours who recently just got engaged. We talked about wedding flowers the last time we saw each other and mentioned how much of an expense it is for something that just gets thrown away. For me, I couldn't justify spending a lot (even though I love flowers). I didn't mind putting it towards the centerpieces as  I knew our guest could take them home.


Centerpieces. 

We used my bouquet as our sweetheart table centerpiece


But as far as the bouquets, I knew that the only arrangement that really mattered would be the one I held. No one looks at the bridesmaids flowers and the girl's flowers are not really even needed for pictures.  So I put the money towards my bouquet and my girls each carried a single rose fully bloomed with satin ribbons tied around them. 

Bridal party shot 

After our wedding I looked into a preserving my bouquet.  We're talking hundreds of dollars that I couldn't justify.  So I went to Marshalls (my other favorite store) and found a shadow box on clearance for $10. Perfect!!! Tom had designed our wedding invitations and I was looking for a way to display those so I decided to put my bouquet and our invite together in the shadow box. It's been hanging on our wall now for almost two years and every time I look at it I smile and remember our special day.

My bouquet

Our keepsake box 
-----

Disclosure: All photos with the exception of the keepsake box were taken by our wonderful photographers Ashley and Chris Poisella at  Ashley Therese Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest