Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My $12 lunch hour find


I’m addicted. It’s official. I’m in love with Annie Sloan products. I couldn’t wait to get to work today just for my lunch hour. I knew that as soon as that clocked struck noon I would be running out the door to the store down the street from my office to sign up for the Annie Sloan painting class at the end of next month and perhaps buy the Annie Sloan paint brush I have been dreaming, drooling and non-stop bothering my husband out. Tom- I got it! I don’t know why I even hemmed and hauled about it. Not like I wouldn’t spend that same amount on my nails (which I have seriously neglected lately with all the projects I have been doing) so I might as well just have bought the brush. Which I now own. Enough said.

So you’d think that would be the exciting part….I thought so too until I drove less than 2 driveways from the store and found a little shop that had a huge sign that read “Good Price-a second hand store”. Wow, I had to pull in. And with 30 minutes remaining in my lunch hour (and needing at least 10 to get back to work and at my desk) I found this hidden treasure.



P.S. Ignore the mess in my trunk :)

The shop owner had it priced at $15, but I kindly asked if she would take less and when she threw out $12 I felt that was fair and didn’t haggle any more. I took it. And I think it’s well worth the $12 I spent. I have some leftover paint (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, of course) from another piece I have been working on and some scrap fabric so for $12 I got a steal. Oh, and did I mention this will make Tom happy as he has been asking for a foot stool for in front of the TV. Now he won’t bother me on how much I spent on my new Annie Sloan brush because I got him a present in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest