Friday, December 27, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!

This has been an exciting year for Tom & I. We were able to check off a few items off our list and in no particular order. 
  • We re-did not one but two kitchens in a year. That was both a fun and stressful time for us but we got through both and the secondkitchen was done in less than 2 weeks! Hats off to Tom for that one. He pushed through it every day after working his full time job to get it done on time for the new renters to move it.
  • We went to Cabo San Lucas for a week just the two of us. A dream vacation spot that we’ve been wanting to go to. Tom was able to golf  there and I think he may have then checked that item off his “bucket list”.
  •  I started painting again and even sold a few of my pieces. It’s been a fun 9 months for me doing that.
  • We listed our condo. It didn’t pan out the way we wanted but at least we gave it a shot and we will try again and hope to be able to sell it and move into a bigger house soon. We are not giving up.
  • Tom’s sister and her husband purchased a home in the summer. He was able to do what he loves and help them with some demolition and repairs. He even learned how to do some plumbing.
  • We got the rental property rented and with us only losing 1 week’s rent!! YAY!
  •  My sister and her husband bought a home. I was able to put my interior designing to use in helping them redo the house. From the wall colors, to the furniture to the baby’s nursery. The whole process with my sister was so enjoyable.
  •  I started school and I’m loving it. My next semester begins January 21st and I can’t wait.
  • Our second niece Alison was born and I was able to be in the room when she arrived. I’ve never experienced anything like that in my life before. What a miracle it truly was. It felt like a little angel coming to us from heaven that day. And her uncle couldn’t have been happier that her birthday fell on his favorite holiday, Halloween.
  • My little cousin Mason was declared NED (no evidence of disease) two weeks before Thanksgiving. This gave us something to really be grateful for. After fighting neuroblastoma for a little over a year that sweet little boy is cancer free. Almost three years old now and loving his life the way he should be. Happy and healthy again.
  •  And lastly, I finally got the okay from my company to open our LLC in 2014. When you work in the financial world you need to get everything approved before you can proceed with any other business ideas. It only took a few months but as of last week my OBA (outside business activity) was approved.

Wishing everyone the best 2014 ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest