Monday, July 15, 2013

Coming up for air

The past few weeks have been overwhelming for me to say the least. Seems like ever since this month started I've been in go go go mode. This weekend we had a tag sale at my parent's house.


Trying to unload some items from my old house that we are going to be renting again and getting rid of some stuff I'm just not in love with anymore or that I bought with the hopes of refinishing. The only issue with having it at someone else's house is dragging all the stuff there and then realizing after you get there that those pillows you have been wanting to sell are in your trunk of your car which is home. Agh!! I thought to myself while we were driving to my parents on Sunday morning (second day of the sale) that the positive after all our hard work the past two weekends is I was starting to make some money to buy new things. In fact, I was even trying to and actually selling some of my painted pieces.  I had sold this piece on Saturday. 


And then came Sunday.  What a huge disappointment. After such a good sale on Saturday we got maybe ten people tops on Sunday...if that and collectively made $12. It was a hot day that we all complained  about (and by all I mean hubby, dad, stepmom, pregnant sis, brother in law and myself) and couldn't wait for it to be over.  I have always enjoyed being on the opposite end of a good tag sale. You know as the buyer. But I can say after these past two weeks I appreciate the seller a lot more. I also can say I won't be having a tag sale again anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest