Thursday, January 2, 2014

Out with the old, in with the new

A new year is about new beginnings and new dreams. It's a do over. A way to start fresh. To forget your regrets and set your new goals. So last minute on next year's eve I got the idea to make wish bottles. Bottles that would hold our 2014 dream/goal and also accept our 2013 accomplishments and regrets. I quickly put together 3 bottles. One for us "The Zarrelli's", one for my sister and her husband "The Condon's" and one for Tom's sister and her husband "The Henkels". We all got together to ring in the new year and in each bottle I included two of each of the following:

- My biggest regret in 2013 was_____. 
- My biggest accomplishment in 2013 was _______. 
- My 2014 dream/goal is ________.

I wrote our family names on the bottles and 2013 with a Sharpie Paint Pen. Someone asked when will we open these. I said whenever…next new year's…five year's from now…tomorrow. I also said I'll be keeping ours at a place in our house where we can look at it and remember what we got out of 2013, what we didn't and what we wanted for this coming year.

What's your 2014 dream/goal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest