Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The party will go on

Looks like the party will go on. Tom made his deadline (last Saturday) sick or not. He worked through it and we got the kitchen back in order by Sunday afternoon. I was at my sewing class yesterday so I wasn’t around to make dinner and he christened it for me…little upset..but I’ll let that one go. However, I didn’t appreciate the dishes he left in the sink for me to cleanup last night…UGH…men!! But, I am very happy with the outcome and the way the kitchen looks. I would have preferred white marble subway tile but this doesn’t look half bad to me and it meant we didn’t need to buy or rent a tile saw.


As you can see we went with the black countertop.
Mainly because the walls were already grey.


We replaced the bamboo roman shade that Tom had put up when it was his "man pad"
with a valance that now let's some light in.


I compromised with Tom and told him I'd order some
white mini blinds to block out the neighbors.
Next purchase! ouch!!!


We kept all the appliances we had but got a new vent.
We opted for an over the range microwave vent since we
were losing counter space to the pantry cabinet and since
I almost set the house on fire awhile back by burning something
in the microwave we had.

It was a productive week in our house. I felt like I accomplished more last week than ever. Tom hung some letters that I had bought for the doorway in the kitchen heading into our dining room from Ballards Design (LOVE THAT STORE).


The letters were in a rubbed white, but actually looked more grey
 and went great with the paint (Behr- Silver Tradition)
we had chosen for the walls. We spelt out "EAT".



I made a table runner for my sister’s place, a wreath to hang on our door for Easter (got the idea from Migonishome where Jen made a “spring wreath”), and even attempted curtains along with all the help I put in with the kitchen. Well I got the idea of the curtains down but when all was said and done it was easier and I think more cost effective (fabric is very expensive!!) to just go buy one…which is what I did.

By the time Monday night rolled around (sewing class night) I was the complete opposite of how you’d think I’d be. After all, we just lost an hour sleep this weekend and I was doing so much that you’d expect me to crash. Noooo….came home from class around 9:30pm and starting working on my next project. A pillowcase for my little cousin. Dinosaurs to match his new bedroom. His mommy and daddy went full Pottery Barn style with the dinosaur collection and it looks great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest