Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Traditions

Tradition….this word always meant a lot to me…maybe because when I was in the 2nd grade I performed in Fiddler on the Roof. Maybe not. Maybe it’s just that my mother always provided us with traditions in life while growing up. One tradition was that we always went to see a Christmas movie the night before Thanksgiving. Another was we always get our tree the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving. Some people’s traditions are waking up at 4am on Black Friday. That’s one I’ll never have ;)

But as the years have gone by Tom and I had started our own traditions. We don’t do the movie thing the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (although I’d like to but they just don’t make that many Christmas movies anymore), however we have gone and got our tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving all the years that we have been together. (Excluding one year that he needed to have surgery and we HAD to go the week before.) Immediately after we tie the tree to our car or load it into the back of his truck we always head off to the Christmas store to get our “annual Santa ornament”. Another tradition we have started. People always ask us what we are doing on Thanksgiving weekend and I always know that no matter what we will be at the tree farm that Sunday cutting our tree down. It’s a tradition I’ve grown very fond of and it’s a way to keep my mom with us at the holidays. 
What are some of your family’s traditions?  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest