Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Flower Power

Now that Jae (my sister) is having a girl we have been busy planning the baby’s nursery. She picked the Harper pattern in Bright Pink from Pottery Barn. I’ve been looking for accessories for the room along my journeys. Tom and I went to Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and found these wooden flower peg hooks that I knew would be cute in the baby’s room. (P.S.- A big thanks to April Hoff at House by Hoff for always praising Hobby Lobby. One just opened in Connecticut and she is right, it’s amazing!) I spent a part of yesterday painting them. I picked pink posy by Behr for the main color and then used my ASCP in pure white for the hook part. I finished them up with some pearl plaster by Artisan Enhancements mixed with Miniwax Polycrylic (my "go to" poly) in satin finish. 


Some notes for anyone taking on small projects. You don’t need a lot of paint. I tend to buy the sample sizes as I know most of the time I won’t be using it again in the near future. Same applied for the poly and the pearl plaster. The pearl plaster is pretty but I wouldn’t use it on big pieces of furniture and it goes a long way. So for the price difference $15 for sample (which is a decent size) or about $40 for the quart I only needed the sample. I actually already had the poly and the pearl plaster at home so the only out of pocket cost was the flowers at $1.99 each plus 40% off and the sample of Pink Posey paint at $2.94. Total cost was $5.66 with tax!


If Jae went to HomeGoods to buy these they would easily have been at least $10 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest