Remember my post “Pink or blue…I’ll love you”. Well I truly
meant that at the time. A little person with my DNA that will maybe look like
me and look up to me. What I didn’t realize is that I guess pink was really my
preference. If I have another nephew one day I know I’ll love him just the same
but something about your sister’s daughter is exciting. This isn’t the first
niece or nephew for Tom and I. We have 1 niece and 2 nephews on his side and we
have lots of second cousins and friend’s kids that we consider our nieces and nephews
too. But something about frilly dresses and pink bows makes me smile. When we
thought it was a boy Jae and I were excited but we also thought that meant he’d
be with Tom and Mike (Jae’s husband) more than with us. Jae and I usually spend
our Saturday mornings together…grocery shopping…Homegoods…maybe lunch..at least
a coffee and we were trying to picture that with the little guy arriving. Now
that he is a she it just seems like it will be so much easier and so much more
exciting. Now, as soon as I walk into a Homegoods I dart for the section with
the little girl’s stuff. Little ballerina pictures and pink piggy banks and
purple rugs…omg…so cute! And today we were talking christening gowns. Our
mother saved ours and now I have it and now we actually have someone who can
now wear it. I’m over the moon about this. So much so that I have insisted that
Jae start preserving her wedding dress, veil and everything else wedding related.
As if her daughter would want to wear it..HA…Planning 25 -30 years out already.
If Tom reads this he will just think I’m nuts. He calls me a planner, like it's a bad thing. But I already envision going
with our little miss to get her wedding dress, along with her communion, confirmation,
1st dance, prom and every other special occasion along the way. I
can’t wait for little miss to arrive!! I guess the old saying is true. Thank heaven for little girls ;)
I just ordered this in ivory for the little miss's after party christening outfit.
Check out Emma's Giggle for more fun items like this. She has great headbands too! I ordered a matching ivory headband also. Of course!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)