Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rental Kitchen Reno

Now that my sister and her husband bought a house this means some changes for us. We’ve been renting my condo to them these past few years. Now we have to find a new tenant. But before we do that we need to make some renovations to the place. Last year when they were away we put in a new bathroom. Now it’s time for a new kitchen. Right now we have an ugly cream Formica countertop with some older appliances (and some newer ones so we have to stick with white which is what’s in there) and the original 1981 cabinets. Outdated much…yes!

I love that we went with white cabinets in our kitchen but I know it’s not practical and it’s definitely not practical for a rental property. Here’s what I’m thinking. 

We would go with the pre-assembled cabinets by Hampton Bay from Home Depot. Same that we put into our place and the price is good so we won’t find something better for a rental.


Still sticking with a laminate counter-top but something that has a more elegant look. This is one I had toyed with using when we re-did our kitchen. 


I’d like to use a light color on the walls to keep it bright but not to light. Need something forgiving to sins in a working kitchen. Currently there is a shade of yellow up that has been forgiving over the years but I didn’t want something yellowish. I wanted something more in a taupe/beige family. I also go to Benjamin Moore for my colors, even if I am not using the BM paint. I'm leaning towards a color called Muskoka Trail. 


---
Just wondering how this will all look with white appliances. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest