Friday, June 21, 2013

Quickest re-do ever

So quick I had it done in less than 1 hour! 

Last Spring we re-did our living room and with that re-do I got rid of his bachelor style glass coffee tables. If you have glass coffee tables, please don’t take offense, but they aren’t my taste and they are a hazard with kids around and always look like a mess. If you even breath on it I had to get out the Windex. Upside for us we got the big wood table we always talked about and got a great steal on it at Pottery Barn. I won’t ever buy anything from them that I have to order. I’ll take the floor sample and at a great discount! Downside- hubby used to use that glass table as his foot rest…no way now Tommy….not on our reclaimed wood table…not with those sweaty feet ;) 

Remember my  $12 lunch hour find. I knew that this was exactly what hubby needed for the living room but not looking like this.

After 2 coats of ASCP (that stands for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I’m tired of writing it out all the time so from now on I’m referring to as many other bloggers do as ASCP) in napoleonic blue and a quick reupholstering job we got this. Makes hubby happy and me happy. It's also the same fabric that I used on the piano bench we use at our desk which is located behind our couch. So it all ties in together. 



 The perfect lunch hour find!


View this on Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday


4 comments:

  1. I love your makeover. I have two of these to do. I posted on your may blog about the hostess gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I'm sorry, I never saw the other post about the hostess gifts. I'd love to see a picture of your stools when they are done. Please email me. Have a good weekend. Thanks for following!!

      Delete

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest