Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Flowers make me smile

We listed our condo three weeks ago so ever since I've made a conscious effort to have fresh flowers in the house. A bit costly but something to help make the place inviting and homey. Especially since I can't leave candles burning all day while we aren't home. 


We don't live in our dream home so I've been hesitant to do to much in our condo because I always knew we wouldn't stay here for long and I didn't want more work for us when we were ready to move. That and my hubby couldn't get past his bachelor pad days with his furniture. It wasn't until last year that I really even started buying furniture for the condo. We bought these big comfy blue couches and some reclaimed wood pieces for our living room. It's my sanctuary of sorts now. Nothing makes me happier than to sit in it alone with my books and magazine and my coffee on a weekend morning.  Usually while he gets to golf. He doesn't get it when I say it but sometimes this little 900 square foot space makes me happy and if he said we'd stay here forever I think I could be content and I know I'd start going to town hanging pictures, buying furniture and really making it the way I picture it. 

My ideal room. Right out of the Ballard Design catalog. 

But maybe not. And in the meantime, I still shop. I buy things I know I will love when we have a bigger space and I tuck them away for that moment. So here's hoping we both get our dream. For Tom a big house with a big garage and a nice yard. He would be happy maintaining the yard and working on the cars in his garage. For me it's rooms to decorate and a bigger place to entertain. It's the thought that maybe now that we'd have a bigger home we would put kids in it one day. It's knowing that we don't have our neighbors below us. So whatever I can do to make that dream come true I try to. And that starts with me always making sure our condo is pristine and has fresh flowers.


I do enjoy them too!! Fingers crossed they help us sell our condo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love that Ballard room! I pretty much love any Ballard room, come to think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest