Monday, July 1, 2013

Thrifting and then some...

Anyone who knows me knows my design style is light and airy. I’m not big on dark furniture and I certainly do not have a taste for dark rooms. I like a room to feel relaxing and peaceful and to me that’s a room with soft blues and greens and lots of white. Something that reminds me of the beach…a sanctuary for me..

Well the last two weekends I have been heavily thrifting and found so many things that fill my perfect room. Two Sundays ago I attended a Flea Market at my old high school.


 Of course, I woke up at the crack of dawn just to make sure I wouldn't miss out on anything. Luckily, I don’t think I did. There’s usually a lot of junk at this market but I always seem to find a few good pieces. My first score was this antique clock made by New England Clock Company in CT.


I also got a cute milk glass bowl that I cleaned up and put some starfish in. After some research online I’m come to the conclusion that this white washed clock wasn't originally white but more of a dark pine. Apparently the person who owned it shares my taste because I would have done the same. In fact, I own another clock of the same company with the same face and that was my intention when I bought that one. To paint it white and distress it. Luckily this one was already done for me and all it needs is a good clean and a wall to hang on.

This past weekend Tom and I went to Salem, CT. We hit up some antique shops along the way and a flea market held in town. We stopped off at a shop in Niantic called Grace that I've been dying to check out. She sells Miss Mustard Seed and Annie Sloan paints. We struck it rich in my eyes. Got some great finds along the way and had a wonderful weekend together. Been some time since the two of us went thrifting together.


Here's a silly shot I snapped before we left the Flea Market. 

 Made me a happy girl. I’ll post those later this week. Waiting for the rain to go away so I can step outside and clean them up. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest