Sundays used to be Tom and my day together but lately he has been golfing on Sundays which is fine with me because it's now the day that I get to work on my projects. First project this weekend was to paint the lingerie chest we picked up at a tag sale awhile back. We recently moved it into our living room to make the bedroom more spacious and the color of the chest no longer worked. It wasn't my favorite color to begin with but it fit with the bedroom furntiure. Now in the living room I needed something more striking and fitting and something to make the walls not look so yellow. I started the project yesterday and finished it up today. Of course, I forgot to take a before picture. All I have is this one that I shot last week of the living room that I cropped now so you can see the dresser.
At least I remembered to get a picture of the drawers before I painted them.
I started to lose my patience when painting the white stripes. I think I was overwhelmed by this point last night and knew I had a deadline to get this all done. Deadline-Sunday! (I had to ask Tom to give me hand while I cooked us dinner. Ratatouille! Nothing screams summer like ratatouille!!) I also knew that my wax had to dry overnight before I could buff my piece which meant I wasn't going to bed last night until I had the whole piece painted. For anyone interested I used Annie Sloan Paris Grey with her Pure White (of course I used A.S. paint. When do I not??)
By this morning I had the whole piece painted, waxed, buffed and put back together. I think it looks great. But now what would I do??? Half a day left and I needed another project. Now what to do ??
Trying to be good and not spending money...aka...go shopping...I decided to try out my new canning kit that I picked up last weekend at the grocery store. I had got a bunch of berries yesterday at the store so I decided to make some jam. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
Happy lazy Sunday!!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)