What a difference a little pop of color can make.
I said it
before Tom thinks everything is blue in our home. It really is but I try not to
admit that to him. It could be worse, he could be living in a pink house! But
since he brought this to my attention I have been making a conscious effort not
to buy anything blue and to try to add more colors in. Coral is one of my new
favorite colors but also hard to find things that help accessorize in that
color. I did find a large glass jug awhile back in a coral colored glass. Filled
it with some faux ranunculus and white daisies and it brightened up the blue themed
coffee table a bit. But as always, hubby didn’t like the fact that I blocked 1
of his 18 angles of his TV with it and moved it on me. So back to an all blue
coffee table. Hmmmmm. Last night I was putting the finishing touches on the piece I painted for my parent’s house. While waiting for one of the spindles to dry
so I could apply another coat of paint I looked around my room with my brush
covered in barcelona orange and said
what can I paint this color to accessorize this room. Yes, I was sitting on my
living room floor painting. Another “no no” that Tom pointed out. I believe his
exact words were “if I ever did that you would yell at me, but I guess it’s
okay for you to do that”. Hmmmm…he’s right…again! So I spotted these seashells I
bought not too long ago (that I am actually bored of already) and thought paint
those Barcelona Orange and I did. I
think they came out great and added that pop of color my bowl was missing.
Tell me what you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)