Yes...I still call my father daddy. Don't think that will ever change no matter how old I get. I'm his sunshine and he is my daddy and that's what I call him. So we went to my parent's today to celebrate my father's birthday. As he likes to say it's the 31st anniversary of his 30th birthday. That would mean I celebrated my 2nd anniversary this year of my 30th. I like the sound of that! Of course that also meant that I had to have the table finished to bring it with me. You may recall that my father and I sanded the originally white table down to its bare wood and I was going paint it Barcelona orange.
After all the sanding was completed
I put the first coat on last sunday when I was at my parents, but had to sand it again, finish painting it and applying three coats of wax. The table was in bad shape. Lots of gouges in the wood, especially the top so I needed to apply four coats of wax to the top. I put a lot of work into it this week and I think the outcome turned out great.
My stepmom loved it and I must say she was smart to pick orange as the color for it. The new orange table goes great in their family room. Tied in nicely to the wing chair they have by the slider door and the orange candlesticks on the coffee table.
My stepmom loved it and I must say she was smart to pick orange as the color for it. The new orange table goes great in their family room. Tied in nicely to the wing chair they have by the slider door and the orange candlesticks on the coffee table.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)