Mother's Day is here again. Another day in our hearts where we are not overcomed with joy. Both Tom and I lost our moms at an early age so this is one holiday we always like to skip out on. But in reality it's often unfair to the others in our lives who are mothers and who care for us. Sisters, aunts, cousins, friends. So I didn't let the meaning of the day go by even though we are skipping out on the actual day. I went to the cemetery on Saturday to see my mom and grandma. I brought my stepmother a plant on Sunday and I sent some cards out. But today it really hit me. I asked my coworker when was her son was coming back from vacation and she said Monday. That meant he wouldn't be there for Mothers Day. Many years I worked on Sundays having to forgoe most of the day with my mom and grandma. Those days I will never get back and I wonder how they felt without me there spending it with them. So I bought my coworker a plant. Nothing huge. Actually the tinest one in the store. It was a cute little rose plant but enough to make her smile. I attached a post-it to it that said "Happy Mother's Day! Xoxo Stacey" and left it on her desk while she was gone.
I took the pictures while in my car. I personally like the one with the rain shot below.
I didnt make a big deal of it but I did want her to know I had thought about her. I'm not a saint (by no means at all) but I do try to think of others so I encourage you this Mother's Day to think of others too and I challenge you to think of the people in your life who care a little more about you and do something special to make their day. Going to the cemetery was for me. Bringing my coworker the plant was for her. To say thanks for being my friend and that even though she isn't my mother she is a mom and deserves some extra appreciation on this special day.
And to Denise, Mom & Gram......Tom and I will be drinking margaritas in your honors on Sunday. Kisses to heaven!!



What a sweet sentiment for your coworker! Thanks for putting things in perspective for me! :) I hope you enjoy those margaritas!
ReplyDeleteThanks, April. Hope you and Miss L have a great day together. Happy Mother's Day to you. Enjoy it!!
ReplyDelete