Nothing screams Fall like some pumpkins and a hot meal. Two things I was determined to do this weekend. I picked up a cute rocking chair for my sister for my niece's nursery the other day off a great local tag sale site. I was supposed to meet the women at 5pm and since I had gotten off work on time (rarity these days), I had a few minutes to spare so I stopped at the farm on my way to pick up the chair. I'm not an orange fan. Coral, yes. Orange, not so much. So I always look for white pumpkins. Hard to find this early in the year around where I live so I opted for some mixed gourds and some mini orange pumpkins. I knew in my mind I could paint the pumpkins whatever color I wanted to make it match my decor style, which is exactly what I did. I painted some blue, some coral and painted one white. I didn't even mind the orange next to the blue so I left a few alone.
Since it was a hectic weekend for us trying to get the rental property together I didn't have much time to do anything. But I did manage to bring out some of the fall decor and get the house spruced up a bit for the fall. I even managed to make a killer meal last night. I made this prosciutto tortellini pasta with sauteed kale, tomatoes, garlic and prosciutto chips. Hubby was in heaven.
Doesn't this just scream delicious Fall meal? Click here for more yummy recipes including this one.
Prosciutto Tortellini Recipe
Total time for preparation and cook is less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients:
1 package of tortellini (Preferably Rana Prosciutto Tortellini)
1 package of campari tomatoes diced
1 pound bag of chopped kale (washed and dried)
1 tablespoon of garlic
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
3 teaspoons of sea salt (Preferably roasted garlic or sun ripened tomato. These can be found at Gourmet Spice Kitchen.)
1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
1/4 lb. of prosciutto
kosher salt for pasta water
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut prosciutto into bite size pieces. Line on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook in oven for 10-20 minutes depending on oven until prosciutto fat turns a dark translucent color.
- While the prosciutto is cooking heat the olive oil and garlic over a medium heat. Saute the garlic. Add the kale and tomatoes and saute together. Add the salt and pepper.
- Once the kale mixture is sauteed and the prosciutto chips are done cook the pasta according to the bag/box recipe. Salt water generously. Remove pasta from the water and put in pan with kale mixture.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the pasta water. Add to the pasta and kale mixture.
- Toss lightly. Put into serving dish and top with prosciutto chips.
---
What are your favorite items to decorate your house with for the Fall??




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)