Monday, July 29, 2013

My "Friends" Moment

Awhile back we were moving some furniture and we dinged our door pretty bad. Since we live in a condo we have to follow the guidelines and we have to have these ugly brown doors with our unit number on them.


Since we can’t paint or stain the door I really didn’t have a way to make the scratch disappear nor make the door appear prettier. Then I had my “Friends” moment. Remember the frame that Monica & Rachel always had over their keyhole?? Well I do, and I thought maybe I could do something like that over the number to cover up most of the scratch. I had picked up some glass-less frames recently not knowing what I’d use them for but knowing one day I would. (Maybe make a tray? or paint them and hang on walls? My list went on in my head when I stood in the little consignment shop purchasing the frames). This frame has been in my garage now for a few months just begging to be used. So I grabbed the frame and some cardboard and brought it upstairs.


I went to my bin of fabrics and found one that would go with my hallway, my door and the frame. I suppose I could’ve painted the frame but I do like the gold and since I’m hoping we will move soon I thought I might want to use the frame for something else later and thought I shouldn’t do anything to it just yet.  Plus the unit number is gold. I cut the cardboard into a square to fit into the frame. I covered it with the fabric which I taped to the back of the cardboard. (Again thinking maybe I would change that to at some point so I didn’t want to glue it because my options of changing it later would be harder and I’d need to find new cardboard.) Put the unit number in the frame and hung it on the door. It covered the big scratch and added some character.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)

Follow me on Pinterest