As I stated in my last few posts we are trying to sell one of our condos and we have been downsizing a lot lately. Trying to clean out our storage lockers and make more space so our places appear bigger. My husband doesn't hang on to much and doesn't have many mementos. Unlike me, I have a full storage locker filled with stuff from my mother, grandmother and my childhood. Too much stuff that I just don't know how to part with. Tom, he just throws out everything. So it was to my surprise when Tom pulled out a framed painting and said what should I do with this. I gasped. What should you do with it??? More like where have you been hiding this??? I was so excited and equally bummed at the same time. For years we have stopped into galleries on trips we'd take. And every time I'd point out some sort of beachy print. I even showed him a print a few weeks back that I'd said I'd like to have for our anniversary. So it was to my surprise that we had a gem in our basement this entire time. The kind of piece that I wanted. Exactly what I wanted. Well close enough!!
I brought it upstairs, cleaned it up a bit, toyed with the idea of painting the frame and then begged my husband to hang it. That same week we had been out and about and I had come across some driftwood, a vintage tote'm brand oar and some starfish.
I brought it upstairs, cleaned it up a bit, toyed with the idea of painting the frame and then begged my husband to hang it. That same week we had been out and about and I had come across some driftwood, a vintage tote'm brand oar and some starfish.
I was so thrilled that this all worked out the way I wanted. I got my beachy bedroom decor. Now all I want to do is sit in that room.
If only I could open the windows and here the ocean. Maybe at my next house :)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)