My best friend Jill and her husband had their baby on
Tuesday night. It’s a Boy!! Sweet baby boy James. He is now the youngest of three
siblings. I went to spend some time with Jill and James last night.
He is so
cute! Don’t you agree??
My mom always told me that it was just as important to give the
baby’s siblings a new present as it was to give the baby. That the siblings are the
ones who have to make adjustments to this new person in their life and if you
give them presents at a time when their new sibling is receiving many they don’t
feel slighted. When Jill’s middle son Robert was born (my lovable Godson) I only
had to buy for one sibling, Jill's daughter Jules (along with Robert of course). Easy enough, I got her a cabbage patch baby
doll. But now I was trying to shop for Jules and Robert (and James) and I wanted their
gifts to be similar and something that would say we are happy we have a new
brother. I found tee shirts at Carters and light up buttons at the party store that
said “I’m the big sister” and “I’m the big brother” and put them together with
special notes to each of them telling them what a good brother and sister they
will be to their new baby brother. I rolled the tee shirts into the notes and
into tissue and used the button as the tag. I think they came out pretty cute.
---
Do you give gifts to the other siblings or just the baby?
What are some gifts you like to give?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)