One week further and almost there…the incentive…Tom’s birthday is next Thursday and I told him if we had the entire kitchen done and put back together by this weekend that I would host a brunch in his honor the following weekend for his birthday…well that incentive might have backfired as Tom is now home sick feeling horrible probably from all the “OT” he recently put in.
Don't you just love the beer bottle in the picture??
However, he is not the only one putting in “OT”. Since my last post, I have decided two things, well maybe three: 1- I wanted to take sewing classes and 2- I wanted to go back to school and get my interior decorating certificate and 3- I couldn’t find a curtain I liked at all for the kitchen which led me to numbers 1 & 2. I thought if I could just make one myself I’d be happier. So, without even thinking I went online, found the closest class and signed up for a sewing class which meets Monday evenings from 7-9pm. Sadly to say, I already owned a sewing machine but never knew how to use it. Sitting in a box in my basement was once a new Singer machine that I bought when a store called “Bradlees” went out of business…yes, a new machine but that old and now I was finally going to use it!!! I picked out my pattern (ironically not a window treatment), my fabrics and headed to class on Monday. As intimated as I was, I surprisingly felt like I could do this and am excited to start my first project. An apron for my new kitchen. But I needed to feel like I accomplished more than just attending a class this week so I pitched in with the tiling (the placing of it, not the actual grouting) and I finished my table.
P.S. tell me what you think of this fabric for the kitchen valance?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)