Dust….
Not the weekend I had anticipated…a house full of dust…only half the cabinets in and a lot of work to go. Then, I wake up Monday morning with my monthly migraine…but this time because all the dust has me clogged up it’s twice as bad as usual and I have nowhere to run. Can’t go to work as I’m in so much pain and this leaves me locked in our bedroom (the only room in the house that isn’t covered in plastic) where I feel like I spent most of last week. Between the dust and the stress from the renovation I feel like I’m about to snap and this migraine might just be my worst one yet. And all I want to do is go online and look at “pretty things” for my house but can’t as it hurts to even keep my eyes open.
Making Progress!!
Now…three days later, I’m still suffering in pain but not only from the migraines but from the financial pain we just endured last night. When my husband went to lay down our countertop on Monday evening he dinged up our “new” pantry cabinet pretty good and realized that the old countertop that he was planning to use (since he only bought it a few years ago) was smaller than the cabinets on one side and now that he put it down on the sink side near my pantry he has to remove it (which likely means my pantry will take a hit again) and we need to get new countertop. OUCH!!! An expense we hadn’t budgeted for.
Getting there!
So my table went on the back burner because we had to spend time yesterday in Lowes trying to find a pre-cut “get in now” countertop and finally after 20 minutes of bickering and another 25 of questioning our decisions we agreed upon the one that we had looked at online to begin with. My head feels like a big puff of dust...
And tile was purchased so we were limited in our decision.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments make me smile. Leave me one. I would love to hear from you ;)