Hi everyone. thanks for checking out my blog. I'm new to this and not sure what to put in it yet. The reason I created this was because of the blogs of so many wonderful women who I have recently been following. Maybe I’ll start by telling you a little bit about myself. I'm 32 years young and I emphasize the word "young" and happily married since 2011. Yes, still a newlywed even though I’ve known my husband Tom for over 10 years now. We live in a small condo about 1000 sq feet, it was his place and I moved in right before we got engaged. Guess me moving in worked out for him because I got the ring not too far down the line. ha! It’s a small condo and I constantly find myself trying to make room and to redecorate what was once a "man's pad" into a home. Over the years I have been able to "sneak" some things in without him noticing but it wasn't until after we were married that I felt I could say "my home too" and buy the furniture we (more like I) wanted. Yay! So now that we are in our home and at the beginning stage of marriage we have just decided on a whim this past weekend to rip out our late 1970's kitchen and remodel.
Picture of the kitchen when Tom bought the condo....lovely, right? HA!
That's what Tom gets for saying let's put up some backsplash and paint the walls. (he already had put in new countertops and a sink a few years prior to me moving in and painted the cabinets.)
Tom's original idea of remodeling. Pre-Stacey.
A paint job and new countertop.
Not bad and much nicer than the original look.
But, I wasn't inlove with the Lemonicello paint!!
Ha...sounds good honey but how about some new cabinets to go with it. Now, I live in a dust infested house (not because I don’t clean) but because we decided to gut our kitchen during the coldest season of the year leaving us trapped inside with plastic everywhere. And in the middle of the project he decides that he wants to do it solo and doesn’t need my help. Well, TV is now "shrink wrapped" and I am bored, can't get to my elliptical since the new cabinets are all over my dining room and living room floor so I start researching blogs and home decorating ideas and decided I would paint but what would I paint. This is something I haven’t done since my early 20's and I forgot how much I missed it. I would spend my weekends traveling and collecting pieces of furniture and then spend the week refurbishing it. I remembered I threw an old table that I got on my journeys for $5 in the hallway just to spruce the stairwell to our unit up with the intent that one day I’d paint it. It was in a dark wood and not my taste and we had all these samples of paint laying around from my indecisiveness in what shade of grey we wanted the kitchen so I began my first project. Painting the table....stay tuned for pictures and the final outcome.
